Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm on my Knees


I'm on my Knees!

I'm on my knees before your cross
ashamed to raise my head to you
My hurt my tears my wretched soul
The quiet scream wells up inside










I listened to that voice once again
Like a thief in the night I gave my heart
I once again drank from muddy pools
Hear him laugh 'you're no use to Him!'

When I fall on my face will You pick me up?
When I scream out in fear will You come to save?
When I'm sobbing inside will your arms fold round me?
When I fail your call will you restore my heart to You?

I am nothing without your hope in me
An empty, angry, direction less child
Can't walk a step without tripping up
So bruised by this worlds assault

Pain cries out from the depths within me
Anger surfaces and screams for justice
I hide it away, who could contain it
Stagnant water can't touch my thirst

Please take my hand and lift my head
I'm so ashamed I'm here once again
Wash my soul in your cleansing blood
Restore my heart and set me free

Your saving Grace is all I can cling too
Your Holiness burns but your mercy sooths
I dance in the rain of your living water
Raise my hands in surrender to you!

When I fall on my face You pick me up?
When I scream out in fear You come to save?
When I'm sobbing inside Your arms fold round me?
When I fail your call You restore my heart to You?

No comments: