Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thought for the Day: How much do you desire to rest in Gods Arms?

I was praying earlier on today sitting on my bed with the bedroom door shut. The reason the door was shut was to keep my cat out of the room. He was in one of those soppy moods where he was desperate for cuddles and attention from me and was being very persistent in pursuing me to get it. Whilst I was in the bedroom he sat outside, occasionally crying pathetically and scratching at the door.

When I had finished praying I opened the door and he enthusiastically greeted me, purring his head off and batting my leg until I picked him up (yes he is a very pampered cat). Once in my arms he just flopped and sat contented there, feeling safe and secure.

Why am I telling you this? Well while praying I asked God if there was anything to learn from his persistence etc…

Then later it occurred to me, how often am I that desperate to get to God and rest in His arms, safe and secure? How often will I stop at nothing until I get to my heavenly Father to find rest and contentment?

Psalm 40:1 and Psalm 130:5-6

My prayer time is far too much about things to pray for rather than focussing on the one who answers!

Hmm a spiritual lesson from my Cat, who’d have thought?

No comments: